Three vital components to building a successful online strategy by Gerardo A. Dada
- Build a Social Media Strategy
- Build a Community
- Roadmap for Success
Why Social Media? Low cost marketing, we have to do it, getting traction
Only 12% measure Web 2.0 as effective. How do you measure? team, strategy, document
2007 it was “why?”, 2008 was “try”, 2009 is embrace.
1. How do I build a Social Media Strategy?
- Don’t! Social Media should support a business strategy
- It is a tool that needs to be used throughout a company
- Get the passionate people talking
- Get employees involved and increase employee retention
- When people do leave, Social Media makes it easier to find, recruit, and train new employees
- Deliver an integrated user experience employee <-> partner <-> customer
- Customers expect personal, multi-channel, social, immersive connections
2. How do I build a community?
- Enhance it, grow it, promote it
- “Fish are where fish are”
- Engage customers, tools are secondary. Be flexible to the needs.
- What is a community?
- “a group of like minded individuals that interact with each other about topics they care about”
- Understand what people are saying. Who and where?
- Content is King!
- Create a content Strategy
- Create metrics and be agile enough to move where the community does
- What is the rich media strategy for your company? post, moderate, store, tag
3. How do I succeed in Social Media?
- Transform into a customer centric company
- “Ability to reach outside of ourselves and connect”
- Engage and interact with the conversation in the marketplace
- Be transparent and authentic
- Participate, listen, and act when asked or when needed
- Get employees involved in the community by making Facebook, twitter, or blogging a part of their job (1 hour a week, 2 hours a day, etc) Suggests Radiant 6 CMS
- 5 Steps to Success
- Get people on-board
- Develop a strategy
- Define clear goals and metrics
- Social Media = Marketing + Information Technology
- Next consolidation is governance